9 de agosto de 2005

O Guia do Mochileiro das Galáxias!

Uma empresa da Inglaterra está empenhada em construir uma versão "real" do Guia do Mochileiro das Galáxias (quem não conhece, vá numa livraria agora mesmo!)

It's the size of a postcard and has a small colour television screen with earphones snaking to a slot in the bottom. When I walk a few yards to my right... ping! A bell shrills in my ear and the screen bursts into life.

A cheery voice declares, "You have walked into an interactive area." And what begins is a visitor experience like no other I've had. This tiny electronic prototype, called an Explorer, detects exactly where I'm standing within the 850-acre parkland surrounding Ashton Court, because it's equipped with an internal Global Positioning System (GPS) based on satellite signals, accurate to within about three yards.

Nenhum comentário: